We love to hear from our customers after every event.
If you’ve been to one of our events you’d know we send out feedback via surveymonkey the next day in order to find out what was great and what we could do better.
The feedback is usually always positive but of course sometimes we get asked questions on why we don’t do things differently with certain aspects of the night.
Most of the feedback that we have had about things we could change are usually to do with things that are outside of our control.
Its true in business, as it is in life, that ‘you can please some of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time’ and we find this can be the case when you’re dealing with large groups of various people at events.
However we are always striving to deliver the best events and service to our customers and therefore feedback is an important part of our business approach. We like to listen to our customers and make changes where possible.
In this post I’d like to share some of the things that people share with us about our events and give our opinions on them:
1. The venue
– Mostly our choice of venues gets great reviews and we go out of our way to set up the venues in a way that provides a relaxed ambiance. This is in keeping with what we perceive to be the best setting for a singles get together without setting the scene as too formal. We usually play some low level music at the start and during the breaks of the event to help to encourage a warm backdrop to the event.
We have had some feedback on the noise levels at times but when you have 30-40 excited people in a room its really difficult to control the sound levels without investing in sound proofing. It’s also important to consider that these rooms are usually set up for live bands and other types of performances and are therefore not primarily aimed at events where lots of people talking at once is the norm.
We do try to address this by spacing out the seats as much as we can within the area we use taking into account a number of factors such as health & safety and mobility considerations.
Additionally we do host in venues that have more open space, however we have found that at times using a wider space affects atmosphere of the event.
2. Day of the week
– We usually run our nights between Sunday and Thursday. Many people have asked us why we don’t run our events at the weekend.
The reason for this is that most venues use their function rooms or other areas for their own in house entertainment during the weekend.
To run at these times would’nt be cost-effective as venue hire is higher at these peak times. We would be unable to incur the higher price and also wouldn’t want to pass this on to our customers.
Likewise whilst we love running the business we are also both in full time employment and this can include shift work over the weekends.
– Our tickets are usually priced around £20 – £25. We think this is good value for what you receive.
Firstly all our of our participants are entitled to receive a complimentary drink on arrival. We also provide you with a pack with a pen, match card and small treats. Lastly we’ve done a raffle at each of our events where you could win a prize which would be at least the value of your ticket.
In addition to all of that you usually get to meet around 15 singles of the opposite sex in an environment that is relaxed, safe and welcoming.
This is in comparison to other dating events and companies who do not provide such extras. We’re also aware that at these other events the men and women are so skewed that it wouldn’t be worth the ticket price. We also guarantee that our events only go ahead once a minimum number of tickets have been sold to ensure as even a quota of men and women as possible is achieved.
We believe we offer the best value for money in terms of the return.
4. The participants
– Occasionally we get asked at events about the participants. Usually the questions are light-hearted and sometimes we get asked if we can ‘screen’ the attending participants before arrival to make sure they are ‘good looking’ or within age.
This isn’t possible as firstly looks are heavily subjective.
In addition there’s no accounting for taste – perhaps the other participants aren’t interested in looks alone but are more interested in personality or other aspects that they consider attractive.
Next, there is the issue of age. 90%+ of the participants at each event are within the age category with the other few % either slightly younger or slightly older. At times there may be an outlier to this as we do state on our website that the age is just a guideline as we are aware that some people prefer to date people outside of their own age-range.
We also make people aware that should you appear drastically outside the age bracket you are unlikely to get many, if any matches.
Have other questions for us? We’d love to hear them – send us an email via firstname.lastname@example.org or DM us on our socials.
Upcoming events with Ratemydateni Belfast:
- Age 28 – 45 : September 27th ( Singles Lock & Key Event)
- Age 22 – 30 : October 10th ( Speed Dating Event)
- Age 45 – 60 : October 12th ( Speed Dating Event)
- More events to be announced soon